An adventure doesn’t have to be jumping from an airplane or hanging from the side of a cliff. You can easily create adventures in your everyday life! So, in keeping with our July adventure theme, here are some simple ideas for you and your family to try.
- Visit a local farm. Pick your own fruit and flower farms seem to be popping up everywhere. Pick some fresh berries to make a pie or flowers to brighten up your home.
2. Picnic in your local park. Pack dinner, some drinks and a blanket. It’s so simple but something we love doing. These beautiful summer nights are limited.. take advantage of them!
3. Watch a sunrise. To me, the world seems a little more beautiful when it’s early and silent.
4. Go on a bike ride. Even a short loop around your neighborhood before work or after dinner is so refreshing.
5. Visit a local farmer’s market. I love finding flowers, fresh vegetables, bread and local cheeses. Plus, it’s always rewarding to support your local businesses.
6. Try a new sport. Hiking, tennis and fishing are relatively inexpensive but lots of fun. If you have access to water, consider kayaking or stand-up paddle boarding.
7. Be a tourist in your own town. Visit a historic site, take a guided tour or try a new restaurant. Be sure to snap lots of photos!
8. Visit a local winery or brewery. Need I say more?
9. Camp in your backyard. Set up a tent, make s’mores, stargaze and tell ghost stories.
10. Take a road trip, even if it’s for a day. Pick an area you’ve never been, leave your house early and spend the entire day exploring.
Now get out there and enjoy all this beautiful summer has to offer!